To position Namibia as one of the top thirty (30) safest countries in the world (Global Peace Index).
MissionTo render quality national security through advanced policing and correctional service.
The Ministry of Safety and Security was established to ensure the internal security, maintain law and order and protection of society by providing safe and human custody of offenders, while assisting them in their rehabilitation and social re-integration as law abiding citizens.
The Ministry’s mandate is derived from the following:
- Namibian Constitution( Article 115 and 121)
- National Development Plans
- Police Act 1990,(Act 19 of 1990)
- Correctional Service Act, 2012 (Act 9 0f 2012)
- Public Service Act 1995(Act 13 of 1995)